Theatre Director’s Role
The Director shall:
- Set the vision for the production
- Interpret the script
- Work with the Producer, Stage Manager, and Directorial staff to:
- Prepare and conducts auditions
- Cast the production
- Schedule rehearsals
- Collaborate with the Producer, Stage Manager, Directorial staff, and Technical Leads to bring the vision to life
- Work with the Set Designer to have a basic floor plan prior to rehearsals beginning
- Guide the performers in their work during rehearsals:
- Block the production. This will be prepared before rehearsal time
- Character development
- Provides constructive notes at end of rehearsals
- Work to ensure a positive, healthy experience in all aspects of the production
- Be required to attend the first performance of the production
- Be available and participate if needed, during the full run of the production performances if any urgent matters arise regarding the production, including stepping in for a character in an emergency, if deemed appropriate by the MAC Theatre Committee.
Depending on the production, this role may have a stipend.
We encourage directors with little or no experience to apply when they feel they have a vision and the ability to meet the above criteria and bring a performance to life.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please see the volunteer section of the website for current openings.
If interested in a role please send your resume to email@example.com. In the subject, please reference the role you are interested in.